We are a community of learners who are passionate about raising aspirations, expectations and standards within a nurturing, supportive, safe and engaging environment.
Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning for all.
Our Vision 2019-2022
We aim to be a consistently good school that the whole community is proud of, in which everyone is supported and challenged to become the best version of themselves.
Our Core Values
||I follow the school rules of ‘Ready, Respectful and Safe’
|I listen to and respect the views of others
|I accept and value other people’s beliefs
||I take ownership of my learning
|I take responsibility for my actions
|I take care of my own and others’ property
||I treat others as I would wish to be treated
|I am considerate and friendly and show concern for others
|I include and support others
||I act with honesty and integrity
|I make good choices
|I act in a reliable manner
||I am motivated and willing to try new things
|I am resilient and can cope with changes and challenges
Our Mission and Guiding Principles
- We have high aspirations for all;
- We strive to provide high quality teaching and learning, remove barriers to success and raise expectations and standards for all;
- We place the highest priority on safeguarding children and ensuring that our school is a safe environment in which their personal development can flourish;
- We continue to develop a broad and balanced curriculum which inspires and interests our children and meets their needs – ensuring that all children make good progress;
- We aim to enable our children to understand the importance of character, collaboration, citizenship, communication, creativity, curiosity and critical thinking, through our curriculum and a culture of mutual respect;
- We strive to provide a stimulating, nurturing environment in which to learn, work and play;
- We enable our children to discover their interests, talents and strengths and have the courage and resilience to persevere when learning new skills;
- We explicitly teach children about behaviours for learning;
- We support our children to understand the impact of their actions on others and be motivated to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of those around them;
- We aim to enable our children to become confident and knowledgeable enough to cultivate their own opinions and make informed choices;
- We see parents, carers and others in the local community as integral to the life of the school and seek to involve them as much as possible in our work;
- We are outward facing and collaborate with other schools and organisations in order to continually improve our practice and widen opportunities for our school community;
- We will ensure that our resources are managed efficiently and deployed where they give maximum benefit to the children.
We are committed to ensuring that our children leave us as confident, responsible, respectful and resilient individuals who have happy memories of their time with us; are proud of their achievements and are motivated to make a positive difference in the world!